Kelly - I code for both the physician and the ASC. When listing the diagnosis codes on the claim (box 21/edi equivalant? - I don't have a form in front of me) = 1. V76.51 2. 211.3 3. 211.4; link only the polyp codes to the CPT's. This indicates that the initial intent was screening but polyps encountered and biopsied/removed. That's the way Medicare wants it...and the secondary should be ok with this coding. Are you actually linking V76.51 to the CPT's?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join