I probably wouldn't bill for the office visit unless it is obvious that the doctor did another complete exam, ROS, HPI, etc. Did he just go over the pathology results with her? If he looked at the incision site, etc. then I would say it's part of the post op but if he just went over the path results and documented time and counseling then you might be able to get away with the 24 modifier. It all depends on the documentation. You would have to use breast cancer as the dx.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join