I dont see anything in CPT, but based on guidelines for other codes (64633-64635 is one example) I would think that you would bill the thoracic. the RFA codes state the same thing as your "pain guru's" note, if it's T12-L1, you use the cervical/thoracic code. not sure why though. I would bill based on the note you were given, and if it's denied call the carrier and find out why, maybe they'll be able to give you the correct guidelines? hope I could help at all.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join