I would not bill 27222 and 73530 with a 26 modifier. According to CCI edits Code 73530 is a component of Column 1 code 27222 and cannot be billed using any modifier.
In regards to billing 76000 with the surgical procedures I would first check the CCI edits. If it says you can bill in addition to primary CPT with a -59 modifier I would make sure that the op report clearly states that the flouro was done on a completely different body part. I would also be careful in billing x-rays with surgical procedures. X-rays are usually included in the surgical CPT code. Again check the CCI edits (http://www.cms.hhs.gov/NationalCorre...asp#TopOfPage).
Here is an example:
Procedure: Closed manipulation and casting of right distal radius fracture with flouroscopy to assess alignment.
Code: 25605 (only).
Coding the flouorscopy would be considered unbundling. Coding the x-ray (73530) would be considered unbundling.
I hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join