Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Grider book inconsistencies?

Thumbs up Way to go!
    Medical Coding Books
    Wow Brandi! I don't know how I missed the thread you referenced aboved but KUDOS to you! What a powerful, professional response. You are a true example of excellence!

I have the second edition of this book and I have never purchased the third edition, but it does make one wonder if the same errors exisit in the new edition.

Not to reflect off of the subject here, but did Deb Grider leave the AAPC? I don't remember any communication from AAPC that she had left. I have noticed that she is not included in the Coding Edge anymore and wondered if she was still with them.
    Dawson Ballard, Jr., CPC, CEMC, CPMA, CCS-P, CPC-P, CRHC, AAPC Fellow
    Coder

Smile Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaWoodward* View Post
    Wow Brandi! I don't know how I missed the thread you referenced aboved but KUDOS to you! What a powerful, professional response. You are a true example of excellence!

Awww, shucks! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dballard2004 View Post
    I have the second edition of this book and I have never purchased the third edition, but it does make one wonder if the same errors exisit in the new edition.

Not to reflect off of the subject here, but did Deb Grider leave the AAPC? I don't remember any communication from AAPC that she had left. I have noticed that she is not included in the Coding Edge anymore and wondered if she was still with them.
    I've been curious about that too...one day she's CEO, then all of the sudden, it's Reed Pew, and she's vanished! Who knows?

Default Oh...there she is!
    Looks like she's @ Blue and Company, according to LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/deborah-...s-p/14/14a/64a

Default NAMAS guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain74 View Post
    Thanks for all the resources and support. I checked the NAMAS website for their materials and they are currently on back order. I contacted them to get a timeframe and I haven't heard back. I am guessing that now that AAPC and NAMAS are doing this certification together, the NAMAS materials will be the recommendation.

Oh, and didn't Deborah Grider leave AAPC? Maybe now there wouldn't be such strong support for materials created by her.

Either way, I am going to get the NAMAS book, study and take the test. I will likely be posting any questions I have so keep your eyes open.

Thanks again,
    This guide is not without its faults/inaccuracies.
    In the section where they talk about specialty physical exams, in the 'male GU' section they mention menstrual history. Who edits these things?

My staff and I all reviewed the Grider book (third edition) as well as the NAMAS book. I found them both to be helpful, but as always when you run across something that seems blatantly wrong, go with your own common sense. You are most likely right!!
    Julie Davis
    CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPMA
    julie@r-davis.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12