AAPC - Back to school

Thread: ICD-10 question

Richmond Virginia

Default ICD-10 question

AAPC: Back to School
    Just wanted to see how far if at all everyone is with ICD-10 training. Our office has not started yet?

Salt Lake City

nothing here either, but we are going to Vegas in April.
    Jenifer McPolin CPC, CPMA, RCC

Lauderdale Lakes

My office doesnt plan on doing any training. I will have to do it on my own

Default No training?

How are you supposed to take on a monumental task, such as ICD-10 transition, without any training? Training related to documentation standards is the most crucial in my eyes. What do you all see as the biggest challenge transitioning to ICD-10?

Default we're in the same boat

We haven't "really" started yet. I'm getting some information together and am hoping to have our first meeting next week. It looks like we wont be having any proffessional training either. We have to work with what we have, there's really no other choice for us.

The hospital where I had been working at has been training for the ICD-10 for over a year. Where I am now has not. So I feel like I have a HUGE jump start.

Charleston, South Carolina

The hospital I work at is ahead of the game per our gap analysis consultants. I am teaching PCS to our coders at the present time. Its going very well. They will then have CM in the fall, with a refresher and concurrent coding with I-9 beginning 2nd quarter in 2013. The consultant was extremely impressed with our training and training schedule, which was great to hear. All of our major depts are part of a steering committee and we meet monthly, they include pt finance, HIS and coding, IT, administration, etc. The coders are doing great with training and their exams have scores in the mid to upper 90s. We are a very large teaching hospital.
    Machelle Morningstar, CPC, COC, CEMC, COSC
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer