From an article, in part, from the AAOS:
"CPT code 29826 is an add-on code to CPT codes 29806-29825, 29827 and 29898. Modifier 51 should not be used and 100% reimbursement should be expected.
29826 should not be reported with any other procedure other than those identified as appropriate parent codes. It is not an add-on to code 23410 or 23412 and an unlisted code may not be reported to reflect this work. Instead, append modifier 22 or report 29822 or 29823 as appropriate".
I was told not to report 29826 once the procedure goes from scope to an open procedure and to follow the guidelines above.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join