Help coding an aortogram!!!!

Arrow Help coding an aortogram!!!!
    Exam Training Packages
    During a heart cath, an aortogram was performed because the physician was unable to "cannulate the ramus graft." I think that I can use code 76000-59. Does anyone know if this is correct? I was also looking at code 93567.....
    Chrissy, CPC

depending on where in the aorta he is and does he leave the catheter in the aorta?
    Jenifer McPolin CPC, CPMA, RCC

75600-75625

Quote Originally Posted by jmcpolin View Post
    75600-75625
    That's the code I meant to type, 75600-59! Is that the correct code to use? The report states, "Next, saphenous vein graft to the distal OM, diagonal and diagonal artery using a standard left bypass diagnostic catheter. Because I was unable to cannulate the ramus graft, an aortogram was performed in the LAO position..." I don't know what the LAO position is...
    Chrissy, CPC

Well if he left the catheter in the aorta 36200 and if he is in the upper part (thoracic) then 75600

Quote Originally Posted by HILLIC View Post
    During a heart cath, an aortogram was performed because the physician was unable to "cannulate the ramus graft." I think that I can use code 76000-59. Does anyone know if this is correct? I was also looking at code 93567.....
    I'm not so sure you can bill anything here. If he's doing the aortogram simply because he can't locate a graft then I don't feel that the aortogram is billable. I believe that would be part of the reimbursement for the vein graft studies....

Jessica CPC, CCC

Quote Originally Posted by Jess1125 View Post
    I'm not so sure you can bill anything here. If he's doing the aortogram simply because he can't locate a graft then I don't feel that the aortogram is billable. I believe that would be part of the reimbursement for the vein graft studies....

Jessica CPC, CCC
    Your right on that one Jess, but the code for supervavular aortogram is 93567, when you are looking at the aortic valve.
    HTH,
    Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

8. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Pawloski View Post
    Your right on that one Jess, but the code for supervavular aortogram is 93567, when you are looking at the aortic valve.
    HTH,
    Jim Pawloski, CIRCC
    I agree with Jess and Jim. This is roadmapping not billable.
    Theresa CCS-P CPMA CCC ICDCT-CM

Thanks so much for your help!! I'm new to this so am learning as I code...this forum has taught me so much!!
    Chrissy, CPC