Iâ€™m not an expert but both are separate and distinct sites (vessels) and procedures (graft & endarectomy). If the CCI edits donâ€™t require a 59 then you should be able to bill both. If you get a denial you should be able to appeal it arguing separate and distinct sites and procedures stating they are not bundled. Some carriers such as BCBS have their own set of edits, so depending on the carrier it might require a 59. BCBS has a procedure code auditing tool on availity.com in which you type the CPT with the modifier and it will tell you if itâ€™s allowed or not.
Iâ€™ll be curious to know what you find out. Let me know how it goes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join