Debridement is the removal of loose, devitalized, necrotic and/or contaminated tissue, foreign bodies, and other debris on the wound, using mechanical or sharp techniques-
Debridement codes: 11000-11042
15002-15005 codes describe burn, open wound or scar preparation and management that may be necessary before the grafts are placed on the recipient site.
Since the procedure performed is debridement, code first the debridement.
Moreover, with lack of documentation evidence, we cannot go for other codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join