Results 1 to 2 of 2

J codes-We have had

  1. Default J codes-We have had
    Medical Coding Books
    We have had serveral claims deny the J3301 (Kenalog). Do we now have to add the units of Kenalog that we inject on the claim? If so where should the units injected go?

  2. #2
    Yes you do need how many units, the report should state how many cc or mg they used. For example
    40 mg of Kenalog was injected followed by 5 cc of ropivacaine. 40 mg of kenalog = 5 units
    Last edited by L_Silva CPC; 02-02-2012 at 04:50 PM.

    Leanne Silva CPC

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2015, 12:36 PM
  2. Reimbursement for consult codes vs medicare new office/hospital eval codes
    By cardiocoder in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 08:09 PM
  3. REV codes which now require HCPC/CPT codes
    By Temeka in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Enjoying Our Forums?

AAPC forums are a benefit of membership. Joining AAPC grants you unlimited access, allowing you to post questions and participate with our community of over 150,000 professionals.

Join Now Continue Reading Without Full Access

Already a Member?


Close Message

In addition to full participation on AAPC forums, as a member you will be able to:

  • Access to the largest healthcare job database in the world.
  • Join over 150,000 members of the healthcare network in the world.
  • Be a part of an industry leading organization that drives the business side of healthcare.
  • Save anywhere from 10%-50% with exclusive member discounts on courses, books, study materials, and conferences.
  • Access to discounts at hundreds of restaurants, travel destinations, retail stores, and service providers. AAPC members also have opportunities to save on heath, life, and liability insurance.
  • Become a member of a local chapter and attend regular meetings.