why does he have to bill globally for the dexa? can he just bill for the professional (26) and the dr who owns the equipment bill the TC?
We have arrangements where we bill the 26.... I'm not sure about billing globally. i know that we leased equipment a long time ago and they billed for the tc for everything... we just billed 26. they got paid for the technical, we got billed for 26 and that was that.
i *think* as long as your physician no financial interest in the other practice you should be okay... and as long as there isn't a "referral" issue .... like i.e. if your doc makes a deal w/ the doc who owns the equipment that they have to send all of their patients to them ... i know you definitely can't do that... i believe its a stark violation...
i would talk to your lawyer just to be sure. thats your best bet.
hopefully this helps a little...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join