in my experience, some of the insurances that only pay maternity using the global package (there are a select few insurances that want you to bill out all dos), will not pay anything pregnancy related (gestational diabetes) as something separate from the global OB care.
Most of the carriers I deal with do not consider pregnancy related disorders or threated abortions as separate from the global OB package. I have seen the threated abortion code paid after the fact, but the patient did in fact lose the baby a few days later.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join