We have a pulmonologist who is doing out patient procedures at the hospital for changing of a tracheotomy tube because the trach has malfunctioned. Because the fistula tract is already established we can not bill 31502. He is not doing an E/M visit at all he just taking them to same day surgery and performing the tracheotomy tube change. We have been trying to bill an unlisted code 31599 but even when we send the medical note it is still getting denied. Does any one have any suggestion?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join