I have a question regarding removal of a squamous cell carcinoma of the penis. I'm not sure which code to use, I have 2 choices. 11622 and 54060 and I'm not sure which is approriate? They both state excision, (11622) is malignant and the site includes gentilia. The other (54060) states penis surgical excision. If it matters which one I use, can someone please explain why I should use one code over the other. Thank you.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join