you cannot use the 238.x codes without a path report as those codes indicate the path result of cells of uncertain behavior, they are not for a visual inspection that cannot be determined. A biopsy does not require that you wait for path but you can only use what is known at the time which is usually in the 709.x category. By assigning a 238.x code you are communicating a dx the patient may not have which can have the result of causing hirger premiums for the patient as it will increase their risk.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join