My question is, when is it appropriate to bill code 59430? Does the
doctor have to perform the hospital portion of the postpartum care in
addition to the postpartum care done in the office in order to bill code
59430, or can they just perform the office visit postpartum care with
code 59430. Our doctor's will see a patient for all her prenatal care,
then she will deliver at a different hospital, then come back to our
office for her 2 and/or 6 week postpartum check. Can we bill code 59430
when we didn't perform the hospital portion of the postpartum care?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join