Not to be negative but good luck with that! I am running into so many issues right now with 5010. Three or four Medicare rejections that software support initially labeled as credentialing issues on my end. Supposedly the claims are all accepted now. With the Medicare 14-day processing delay and the rejects Medicare money is down. I learned last week from my BCBS rep that my clearinghouse (Emdeon) is not processing 5010. They are taking my claim sent in 5010 and converting it to 4010 before sending it to the payer. I don't know if electronic proof of timely will work in this situation. But right now it is delaying all payments from all payers. What is most frustrating about that is I didn't hear it from Emdeon or my software vendor. I found out from BCBS because I was asking all my major carriers if they were experiencing any internal issues.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join