See 995.3 which states Allergy, unspecified. However, I personally would ask the physician if he can provide more specificity (ie: seasonal allergies, etc). Is the patient being seen/treated specifically for the allergy? If so, is further testing being performed to clarify the type of allergy? The answer to these questions could help assist you in finding a more specific diagnosis. However, if no further information is available, then I would use 995.3.
LaSeille Willard, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join