To get out of the global period and bill for the E/M services in this scenario you would have to use the 24 modifier. So does your documentation support a 24 modifier?
Based on what you posted I would say in this case it probably doesn't. If the provider is dealing with anything related to the procedure you are in the global period for you can not use the 24.
Do some research on the 24 modifier and I think this will help with your confusion. Not sure where you are but WPS Medicare has a lot of good info on modifiers.
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join