I would let the surgeon know that he needs to tell you "where" he is at under the procedures performed. By only stating the medial and lateral compartments in the findings does not mean that he did both meniscectomies. Also he indicated that a chondroplasty was "needed" in both the medial and patellar compartments but not lateral. He does not tell you in the description of the procedure where the chondroplasty was performed. He only states "Any additional chondroplasty was then performed and the knee thoroughly irrigated of all remaining debris", again he does not tell you "where" therefore not really codeable.
My two cents
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join