I have had the same problem a while back with a few patients. The cardiologist was also showing as a Internal Medicine. I had to send it in as a appeal with all the notes. They denied that and I had to do a second level appeal and they also denied that. I had a hearing scheduled for one of them and before the hearing the file had been updated for the cardiologist and got the claim paid. The other one I went through the hearing and ended up getting paid after it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join