If a decompresson of subacromial space with partial acromioplasty is performed with open RCR you can represent this with 29822 or 29823, and modifier -22 can be added to the debridement code if documentation supports.
You are correct that modifier -51 should not be used on 29826 now that it's an add-on code. Page 145 in my 2012 CPT manual is splenic & bone marrow procedures...so I'm not sure where to look for the reference of appending -51 to 29826. There may be left-over info from last year, but you're correct...it is an error.
Oh and one more thing...if you find that your Doc has performed a 29826 alone...nothing else done...it now must be represented by an unlisted code and use the charge for 29826 from 2011. Makes sense? Good luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join