Per CCI 29826 cannot be billed with 29822 unless done on opposite shoulder. Per CPT these two can be billed together no problem. So it comes down to payor/carrier interpretation. I would have chosen these 2 codes also, but if you're billing this case to Medicare or another carrier that uses CCI edits...you're looking at only billing 29822. If it's a commercial carrier that does not use CCI edits...bill out both CPT's.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join