Since Leukemic Meningitis is the term to describe the spread of the cancer cells to the meninges I would use 205.10 *(not 205.00 - however I am assuming that is a typo) and 198.4.
321.8 describes an infection that causes inflamation of the brain and spinal cord. That inflamation is not always present in the early stages of Leukemic Meningitis ~ the patient may have positive leukemia cells in the meninges, mri may show abnormal findings in the CSF or abnormal enhancements in the CNS therefore leading to the dx of LM.
Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join