When will Official (nondraft) editions be ready

1. Default When will Official (nondraft) editions be ready
    Exam Training Packages
    In order to successfully work through some of the Principles of icd-10-cm coding books, you need a copy of the icd 10 code sets. The ones that I have seen available all say DRAFT. Does anyone know when the OFFICIAL (nondraft) version will become available. If I remember correctly, they will be freezing the icd 9 & icd 10 codesets with only minor changes for new conditions and technologies this October. If I don't have to purchase a new ICD 9 this year, I'd like to get a icd 10.

The draft editions are fine to learn the code set, It will not be an official version until it comes out after July 2013 for Oct 1 2013 use, it will be the 2014 code book.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

I was told at an AAPC ICD-10 boot camp (10/2011) the final copy would be available sometime in March 2012. I have not seen any updates.
    Kathleen Konkle, CPC

Maybe, we really will not know for sure. The 2012 edition due out after March does contain a few revisions from the 2011 edition, some publishers are removing the word draft, HOWEVER, the freeze on the code sets effective this year is only a partial freeze, so if it is deemed in the greater public interest to have a new code or revise a code prior to 2013 then they will.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H