In Oregon, providers must sign a special release with the WC division in order for payers to apply network discounts to WC services. Research your state's WC web site to see if such an agreement is addressed. Also, check your contract with the payer. Did they slip in language about being able to apply their discount to WC claims. We won't sign any payer contracts with this language in place.
The only discounts we have to accept are related to MCO (Managed Care Organizations) that are associated with some WC claims.
If your state doesn't have such an agreement, I would pursue this as it isn't fair to providers to be paid at network rates with all the extra work required for WC.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join