I don't mean to throw cold water on this, but I am 58, passed the exam on my first attempt back in September, 2011, and have been trying to find a position, any position, in the medical field since then.
Maybe it is where I live, (about 50 miles north of Kansas City), but I have received absolutely no response to job applications, or queries, either by email or phone.
While I am very fortunate that I have a full-time job in another field, I feel I was sold a bill of goods about the great prospects for medical coding employment.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join