You can bill both as long as the codes are from 2 different providers. However, some insurance guidelines say that is they recieved "therapy" from the LISW, then the CNS needs to code a med management (90862) instead. Sometimes I have to remind my providers of this so that they can code properly and be paid by the pt's insurance.
Double check the guidelines in that pt's insurance company. Generally, you are allowed to code both!
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join