it sounds like this was a conversion of a perc. neph. to a nephroureteral stent...74425/50394, 74480/50393, and it sounds like the neph. tube was changed?? (75984/50398)
I'm looking at the Interventional Radiology Users' guide and this is how they're describing this procedure..."Conversion of a percutaneous nephrostomy to a nephroureteral stent"
It also mentions this:
"There is no operative code for a change of catheter since this is inherent in placing the nephroureteral stent. However, if the procedure performed was instead placement of a double pigtail stent with the nephrostomy left in place, the code for a change of catheter 50398 would be added, as code 50393 only describes placement of the stent."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join