The auto company would be correct the CPT code 20553 is specific to " 3 or more muscles" .. trigger points..
it makes no difference where they're at... only that they gave more than the "one or two single or muliple trigger point injection(s)".. CPT code 20552
also, per NCCI Edits... tells you the same, you can not use both..."there are no circumstances in qhich a modifier would justify these codes being billed together" ..
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join