It is not illegal to collect up front....HOWEVER I would check your contract verbage for her insurance carrier. We have some carriers that have a clause in our contract that specifically states that we can not collect the deductable/coinsurance up front.
If you have no clause in your contract then I would call the patient and explain to her that there is nothing illegal about it and that it is your office policy to collect this money up front.
Hope this provides some insite
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join