I am not aware of any additional codes for chiropractic services for Medicare other than the ones you have outlined above. Medicare does not cover code 98943 for extraspinal treatment. You also need to make sure you append HCPCS modifier AT (acute treatment) to codes 98940-98942 in order to distinguish corrective treatment versus maintenance therapy. If the treatment is for corrective therapy, then you need to append the AT modifier. If the treatment is for maintenance therapy, then the AT modifier is not needed. Medicare does not cover maintenance therapy. Any claims you submit without the AT modifier will be denied as Medicare will assume these are for maintenance therapy.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join