I'm stuck between two codes- 49321 and 58662 with a laparoscopic cholecystectomy
The report says "the uterus was retracted up out of the pelvis. Both ovaries and fallopian tubes were normal in appearance. On the surface of the uterus there was one small peritoneal nodule not more than a few mm in diameter. This was excised sharply and submitted to pathology" which cpt code is more appropriate? 58662? and with what diagnosis if his po-op is peritoneal nodule? Thank you in advance!!!!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join