Mitze M. Kelley, CPC
4265 FM 1990
Palestine, Texas 75801
(903) 724-3197
mitzemkelley@hotmail.com

OBJECTIVE:
To obtain a challenging position in a career oriented clinic or hospital utilizing my Professional Coder Certification, office and computer skills, and assist in efficient productive company operations.

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
I am a Certified Professional Coder whom is an effective multi-tasker with a goal oriented attitude. I am proficient in 10-Key and some Microsoft Office programs. I have a great knowledge of ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS coding. I am reliable and consistent with all assigned duties.

EXPERIENCE:
EAST TEXAS PHYSICAN'S ALLIANCE, L.L.P/MAGNOLIA HEALTH SYSTEMS
Palestine, TX
August 2008 to Present
Business Office Manger/CPC

•Responsible for overseeing over 20 employees in the business office setting, which includes producing spreadsheets, scorecards and graphs tracking the accounts receivable for 19 physicians, including our Imaging Center, Laboratory, Physical Therapy Department and Urgent Care Facility. I am also accountable for making sure each account representative is following their physician's AR daily.
•Work closely with this multi-specialty physician group on projects/problems including preparation for the HIPPA 5010 implementation and the upcoming ICD10 changes.
•Post all imaging and multiple ancillary charges.
•Report directly to the Group Administrator and Managing Partner on daily tasks.

EAST TEXAS PHYSICAN'S ALLIANCE, L.L.P/MAGNOLIA HEALTH SYSTEMS
Palestine, TX
September 2000 to May 2005
Account Representative
•Worked for the billing office for seventeen doctors in and around the Palestine area.
•Responsible for charge posting of all cardiology procedures, inpatient services, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Medical Physiology for numerous physicians.
•In charge of the Nuclear Medicine Department scheduling as well as charges posting of Nuclear Medicine procedures.
•Designated as personal account manager for Dr. Wayne L. Brown.

EMPLOYEE & EXECUTIVE BENEFITS, INC.
Houston, Texas
June 1994 to July 1998
Office Manager
•Responsible for marketing of all accounts, which included preparation of request for proposals, submission to carriers, review of quotations received, and preparation of spreadsheets detailing costs and benefits.
•Worked with 30 different insurance agents and am familiar with approximately 50 insurance carriers of small and large group products.
•Responsible for all service issues for current in-force accounts.
•Kept stock of all booklets, directories, and applications for each insurance carrier as well as all other office supplies.
•Loaded software and updates for certain insurance carriers to run in-house quotes.
•Prepared monthly agent commission run as well as printed the commission checks and monthly profit and loss statements. Began the process of learning how to prepare 1099's and W2's for year-end closing.
•Other duties included payroll, accounts payable, preparation of all taxes (including the Texas Workforce Commission documents, Internal Revenue Service quarterly tax documents, and employer taxes) and training of all new employees and back-up on switchboard.

EDUCATION:

AAPC-CPC

TRINITY VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Palestine, Texas
6 hours Legal Ethics

WESTWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
Palestine, Texas
Graduated in 1990

REFERENCES:
Available upon request.