AAPC - Back to school

Thread: UDS an incident-to service?

Default UDS an incident-to service?

AAPC: Back to School
    My doctor recently asked me if we could bill a urine drug screen under his name if he was not in the office. For example, a nurse practitioner sees the patient for their E&M visit and we bill their drug screen under the doctor. My thinking is that this is an incident to service, but I want to see what you guys think.

Nashville AAPC Chapter

Incident to is very very very clear - the physician must be IN the suite (office) to be considered incident to. If you have a NP present then the service would be billed under their NPI number. This is documented on the www.cms.org website under incident to billing.

If you do not have a provider in the office, you just gave away a billable service - nothing is billable.

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2016, 03:53 PM
  2. Uds help!!!
    By nicole13 in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 08:24 AM
  3. "Incident to" service
    By KCDUENAS in forum Urology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 02:23 PM
  4. "Incident to" Service-professional Radiologist