I think the question is too broad to answer. Each case would have to be looked at seperately.
With that being said, (somewhere, at some point in my career I learned) if the surgeon states in his operative note that it was a neuroma, then it is okay to use that diagnosis as well as the diagnosis generated from the pathology report. (I would have to do some serious researching to find the documentation that supports this statement though..or someone could correct me with supporting documentation if I am wrong).
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join