AAPC - Back to school

Thread: medicare and j3301

Default medicare and j3301

AAPC: Back to School
    My medicare claims with j3301 arent making it thru our clearinghouse. I know something has changed and cant find the info on it anywhere on what i need to do to get it to go thru. It cant be NOC, but how do I fix it? Have been everywhere on the web trying to find the new rules for it. Can anyone help me please and thank you!!!

I had the same problem. Due to the description of the code as 'not otherwise specified', you need to add the name of the drug. I have added the name 'triamcinolone acetonide' and it goes through.

Fort Smith, AR

We had the same problem. I'm assuming you are sending the NDC, QTY, and UOM. I have used "NOC Kenalog" for the description. Our clearinghouse requires the "NOC" so that may not be needed in other cases. Good luck!

Darla Sims CPC, CPC-H

Similar Threads

1. J3301 & Medicare
    By tsboatman in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-15-2016, 03:07 PM
  2. J3301
    By maryawinfield04 in forum Plastic Surgery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
  3. J3301 for medicare
    By stephx11 in forum Orthopaedics