1995 exam guidelines: 99213 has the expanded problem focused exam which means 2-4 organ systems/body areas where as 99214 has a detailed exam where 5-7 organ systems/body areas need to be examined.
1997 exam guidelines: for 99213 the document should have 6-11 bullets and for 99214 there should be at least 12 bullets documented.
Basically if every element in the shaded area and at least one element in each unshaded area are not documented it goes down to level 4.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join