If it's a commercial carrier and they follow CPT guidelines it states you could bill 29822 and 29826 and no modifiers are needed.
However if the payer uses CCI edits they may require a modifier since CCI is keeping their edit as:
"Code 29822 is a component of Column 1 code 29826 but a modifier is allowed in order to differentiate between the services provided. " Make sense?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join