Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

HHS Press Release: Just announced

Rome, Georgia Chapter - Rome Coding Professionals
    Default Delay ICD-10
    Medical Coding Books
    It states "Intent" and "initiate a process". Absolutely sounds like Washington! Many of us have stressed to our Providers that this will not be delayed...now we have to pass this on to them.....?
    Our Health Care Network has worked diligently to be ready and need I say spent a lot of $ to assure we are ready. It is quite frustrating.
    Debby

2. Default
    All I can say is, Wow. Amazing that all this hype & hoopla is pushed…”Prepare! For it is coming!”….just to later be told, “Wellllll…maybe not”. I've been trying to prepare my Providers and Administrator and have been hearing back, “Oh it probably won't happen”. They'll love this.

Jenna

Default wow
    I am hoping they make a decision very soon. This is ridiculous what they are pulling at this point. They have had 5 years why not do something then instead of now when from what I am reading and hearing a majority of the Medical community is behind this change. Like myself I have put alot of time and money in my education for this for CEU requirements, that if they end up getting there way...it is basically money out the door that could have been invested in other things right now.

I say get over it and get with the times United States, times are going to get any better for awhile.

I believe I saw someone post why not just wait until ICD-11 comes out at this point, I agree with that if they are going to push the ICD-10 out any further.
    Jenifer McPolin CPC, CPMA, RCC

5. Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by dcraven View Post
    It states "Intent" and "initiate a process". Absolutely sounds like Washington! Many of us have stressed to our Providers that this will not be delayed...now we have to pass this on to them.....?
    Our Health Care Network has worked diligently to be ready and need I say spent a lot of $ to assure we are ready. It is quite frustrating.
    As with any government process, by the time they get around to putting a process in place to not use ICD-10, it will already be 2016.

I am furious and disappointed over this. It is rediculous to continue putting this off especially after so much money has been spent to ready ourselves. I have been ready and looking forward to this conversion for so long....... it is like waiting for Christmas!!!!!!!!!

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

7. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by scorrado View Post
    I like the "certain entities" statement also. The government is going to complicate it even more if they pick and choose who does ICD -10 for awhile. Not to mention the cost involved. Much easier to let us all go at once. But what do I know - lol!

Pam,
    My exacts thought too. How in the world would Obama know what ICD 10 is and im sure someone tried to explain it. but you know how confusing it is to understand coding. haha
    Theresa CCS-P CPMA CCC ICDCT-CM

Pam, I agree, I doubt very much the President has a clue what ICD-10 is!!

Having attended the Coordination and Maintenance Meetings at CMS twice a year for the last four years, I will be SHOCKED if it is actually pushed back. I believe they will offer a grace period instead. I would like to be a mouse at CMS as I believe there are several people there who are livid at the mention of even contemplating push back. Pat Brooks has stated many times "there will be no extension, 10/1/13 is FIRM!!! Also, if it goes thru rule-making it may takes months for a new date to be given. So will they really wait until 12 or so months ahead of time to annouce a new date? I really don't think so!!

I don't believe it is fair to the entities that have already spent lots of money, provided or are planning to provide training to staff, organizations that are "ready" now or in the process of getting to the ready point!! Those entities would then assume more costs to retrain people if ICD-10 is pushed back.

Physicians, coders and facilities need to continue to work towards the original date. I don't think its a panic situation.

I too am annoyed that they are even thinking about this, I have worked with ICD-10 in different capacities for many years and its time to GO LIVE!!
    Machelle Morningstar, CPC, COC, CEMC, COSC
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer

Note the article refers to compliance dates. Perhaps it is similar to what they did regarding 5010 implementation. The implementation date didn't really change. The date in which certain entities had to be compliant changed. It seems to me that we are way beyond the point of no return with ICD-10. Too much has already been invested to throw it all away.
    Bridgette Martin LPN, CPC, CEMC, CGIC

Quote Originally Posted by bridgettemartin View Post
    Note the article refers to compliance dates. Perhaps it is similar to what they did regarding 5010 implementation. The implementation date didn't really change. The date in which certain entities had to be compliant changed. It seems to me that we are way beyond the point of no return with ICD-10. Too much has already been invested to throw it all away.
    I agree! Also I read another piece from a different CMS entity which stated to continue to prepare for ICD-10 CM with the same implementation date in mind. Also I find it interesting that the article and the CMS person was careful to word the transition as ICD-10. In the US we will use ICD-10 CM. This is what is in the HIPAA regulation and the Federal Register not ICD-10. Accident? or purposeful?

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast