Yes, for est. pt you need to meet 2 out of 3 (hx, pe, mdm).
Even though the PE is not documented, but there is a CC, the hx level is PF (brief HPI, no ROS, no PFSH). The MDM is SF, because of 1 self-limited problem with Rx drug management.
Even if you want to consider the "otitis media" as a new problem, still, the LOS would be 99212, because your hx level is SF and there is no PE.
Hope this will help
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join