I know this sounds crazy, but can someone guide me to the documentation stating I cannot bill a primary surgeon and an assistant surgeon on the same claim. I bill for a group of Ob/gyns and very commonly they assist one another. We bill under the same NPI and tax id. I cannot find ANY documentation stating they cannot be billed on the same claim. I bill each line appropriately with the correct physician listed and a modifier 80 on the assist but priority health is telling me this comes up against a new edit. I cannot find this edit anywhere!! Please help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join