Hello people, I'm new to this site and I was wondering if anybody could kindly help me out with coding issues I'm having.
I wanted to know the correct way for billing the RSV test and synagis to the insurances below:
1. Maryland Medicaid
3. Priority Partners
4. Maryland Physicians Care
5. United Healthcare
So far I came up with the synagis code being 90378, synagis administration code being 90460 and RSV Test being 87807 but anytime I bill any of these codes to the insurances above, they get rejected.
I recently billed an RSV code to one of the insurance companies I listed above, but instead of typing in the RSV cpt code itself, I just typed in the ICD 9 code V04.82 (which is the need for prophylactic vaccination against respiratory synctial virus) and then the cpt code 99211 but I'm not particularly sure if that was a right approach.
So if anyone could let me know what I'm doing wrong and tell me the correct way to deal with this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join