Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remote Coder for Outcomes

Default Outcomes
    Exam Training Packages
    I took their test and passed and started to have a phone interview, but since I did not have the required 3 years in-field experience, the interviewer cut short the call. On the test, just remember your ICD-9 guidelines. Code what is pertinant to this visit....If they are at the cardiologist and start talking about a bunion, that's the fluff to get you off track. Why are they there, and a codeable DX or fall back to signs and symptons related and pertinant. Don't forget your V and E codes for history of, and failure to comply with directives from the Dr, etc. Some answers would have two codes, some had 6-8.

2. Default
    hi there, I also received a pass or fail and was wondering if I could receive help on how to apply to them again in a couple of wks. instead of 6 months.

3. Default
    What happens is that they have such a high rate of applicants that they do not keep track of who has already applied and who has not. So that is why it is quite easy to apply again.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

Default any responses
    How do you enjoy working for outcomes, I recently view the remote coder information on Monster site and was curious to how things work and do you like it?

I too am curious about Outcomes. I spoke with a rep today and recieved the test via email this afternoon. I have not even looked at it as of yet, but am apprehensive after reading the comments here.
    --
    Carol Rosol, CPC
    Mooresville, NC

6. Default Field Reviewer
    Has anyone ever been or is currently a field reviewer or know anyone that has been or is currently a field reviewer for Outcomes? If so what has the experience been like?

I just finished training with Outcomes. It was very extensive. I enjoyed it very much. Is there anyone else who is now or currently working with Outcomes?

8. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by devry123 View Post
    I just finished training with Outcomes. It was very extensive. I enjoyed it very much. Is there anyone else who is now or currently working with Outcomes?
    What position did you train for and how long was your training?

Quote Originally Posted by stgregor View Post
    I'm interested to know what it takes to pass their pre-employment coding test. I "failed" their test, even though it was only ICD-9 coding and did not require sequencing. I find it difficult to believe that after coding ICD-9 for 10 years I failed this very simple test. When I inquired as to details of my results, I was given the "I only have pass/fail results" line. Anyone else run into this?
    The same thing happened to me. I "failed" after 6 years of experience.
    I am goign to ask Kelly to look at my test too.
    Thanks a lot Kelly
    CPC CCS
    "The true way to render ourselves happy is to love our work and find in it our pleasure."

I am training for the remote coder position. I still have some more training to do. Everything looks very interesting thus far.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast