Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remote Coder for Outcomes

Default Outcomes
    Medical Coding Books
    I passed the coding test and the interview, so I will fill out and fax the paperwork. This will be a part time job for me to supplement my income from my full time job. Does anyone have any feedback on how this all works? It is my first remote coding job. Thanks, Shelly

Well Shellsk8, we'll be the best of buddies. Pay special attention to the training if you haven't already done it. Everything is real interesting.

Default Coder for Outcomes
    Are you working for them? How does it all work? I am assuming they send you charts electronically to diagnosis code and you send them back coded, but beyond that I don't know.

Well, you're practically right. The charts are sent electronically to you and you have a system where you input the codes. I was a little nervous at first, but the crew there is so reassuring. I'm loving it so far.

5. Default
    devry123,

My co-worker just quit Outcomes because they pay you per chart and not by encounter or date of service and some of the charts would have 15-30 encounters but you are only getting paid for each chart. She sent them an email telling them she will no longer be working for them and that they should have been more clear about coding each chart. It seems to me that they are trying to get over on people!

Hope that helps!

Candice H., CPC

Default Outcomes
    I am currently working for Outcomes. It has almost been a month. I denfinitely agree when it comes to charts. I recently had a chart with 93 pages and several encounters. There can be a lot of work for 1 chart. My average charts are between 30 and 50 pages. But you do sometimes get smaller charts like 15 pages and maybe 3 encounters. I would just say don't get overexcited and request several charts at a time. there is a 48hr turn around (and I work a full time job as well). so lets say you request 30 charts at one setting you may get charts with a few dos and a few pages or you may get charts with several dos and several pages. You really don't know. I would say definitely start off small and gradually build until you reach your comfort zone.
    LMJohnson, CPC

I just sent my test back, I'll let you know how I did. Anyone know how long it takes them to respond? After reading all the posts here, I'm not feeling very confident even though I too have several years of coding experience.

MollMill's post, in particular, worries me.

Oh well, we can only wait and see!
    --
    Carol Rosol, CPC
    Mooresville, NC

Default Outcomes coding test
    I heard back with my results the next day. Good luck - hope you did great!

Default Dale CPC
    Quote Originally Posted by stgregor View Post
    I'm interested to know what it takes to pass their pre-employment coding test. I "failed" their test, even though it was only ICD-9 coding and did not require sequencing. I find it difficult to believe that after coding ICD-9 for 10 years I failed this very simple test. When I inquired as to details of my results, I was given the "I only have pass/fail results" line. Anyone else run into this?
    I have. A few years back I did the same and failed. Couldn't believe that I had coded for over 10 years and didn't pass! Which company did you try with? Dale

Default Dale CPC
    Quote Originally Posted by devry123 View Post
    Can anyone give me any feedback of their experiences with Outcomes? How was it working for them remotely. I just got hired as a remote coder and am desperate to hear any replys.
    Can you give me a name to contact for this Outcomes? Is this coding from home? Do they set you up? Are there benefits? Any other companies to apply to? Dale CPC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast