Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remote Coder for Outcomes

Default Remote Coder for Outcomes
    Medical Coding Books
    Can anyone give me any feedback of their experiences with Outcomes? How was it working for them remotely. I just got hired as a remote coder and am desperate to hear any replys.

I'm interested to know what it takes to pass their pre-employment coding test. I "failed" their test, even though it was only ICD-9 coding and did not require sequencing. I find it difficult to believe that after coding ICD-9 for 10 years I failed this very simple test. When I inquired as to details of my results, I was given the "I only have pass/fail results" line. Anyone else run into this?
    Stacy Gregory, CPC, CCC, RCC

stgregor,

I also took their test and was told I didn't pass. I was devastated since I have 9 yrs of experience and too was given a canned response stating she only had pass/fail results. I like many people were confused on their directions and in hind site should have spent more time. I was told that I could re-test in 6 months.
    Jen RCC, CPC

4. Default
    I took it and passed. From what I was told as I turned down the job was that people were thinking too much in to it and over coded. Combination dx codes should of been used.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

5. Default
    If you guys want to send me a private msg, where we can exchange e-mails I would be happy to look at your test and tell you which ones you missed.

Stinks they do not do that for you. Pass/Fail provides no information for you to improve on.

Also you can retake it w/in the 6 months time. My friend waited a few weeks and retook the exam, passed and was hired.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE

6. Default chaser1
    I took it and passed. I'm wondering if maybe you coded the signs and symptoms along with the diagnoses? This is very common rather than coding the diagnosis many people I understand have coded the associated signs/symptoms or reason they came in rather than the final diagnosis.

This is just a guess though. I've not had any problems with them other than yesterday when the storm hit GA which is completely understandable and beyond control.

Default over coded
    After going back over my test, I know that I over coded. I didn't follow the traditional rules and coded too much. I know that I went wrong because the instructions said to code all pertinent symptoms and diagnosis and I know better than to code symptoms if they resulted in a DX. My advice would be to follow the coding guidelines and to trust your own experience.
    Jen RCC, CPC

8. Default
    I just want to clarify that although I will look over the test you already took and failed. I will only tell you which ones were incorrect. I will not provide you the correct answers. It is my beleif that you will not learn from your mistakes if I provide the correct information to you.

Just felt I needed to add this.....In response to some private messages I rcvd.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE

9. Default
    Thanks Kelly I appreciated the help you gave me and that you didn't just say here's the answers....By doing that, I learned to do my own research and did a readover of my coding guidelines and followed my best judgement...thanks

10. Default
    You are very welcome and I wish you the best of luck!!!
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast