36218 - right common carotid selection
36216-59 - left vertebral selection
36215-59 - left common carotid selection
75671- bilateral cerebral carotid angiogram S & I
75680 - bilateral cervical carotid angiogram S & I
75685 x 2 - bilateral vertebral angiogram s & I (code with -50 or RT and LT or units as payer requires).
I would not code for the subclavians without more information. They appear to be roadmapping to find the vertebrals, especially on the right side.
If you are coding for the physician and he did this service at the hospital, add modifier -26 to the 70000 codes, but NOT the 36000 codes.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join