Comprehensive and component codes are used in the CCI edits. If two services are rendered during the same session and one of them is a component code per the CCI, then it cannot be separately billed unless it was performed on a different site or through a separate incision AND the modifier indicator = "1" which would permit unbundling with modifier "59".
These are concepts that apply to physician and facility billing.
You use the term "indented". You may also be referring to the CPT coding concept re: indented terminology which is explained inthe Introduction (page xv in the professional version) under "Format of the Terminology". Please review this section of the book for more information. This applies to physician and facility billing as well.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join