I just recently found an article on the CMS website. If you go to the Medicare Coverage Database there is a box where you can type in a document ID. Type in A43095 for the article ID and it should bring up an article which specifically refers to PTA of the femoral and popliteal arteries. The effective date for this article is 1/1/2007. Looks like Medicare is stating to only charge 35474 once per limb even if separate lesions are treated in the femoral and the popliteal arteries. This does seem to be at odds with what the AMA states in the August 2006 CPT Assist.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join